Diversity and InclusionAbout
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Find out more about how we are a leader in diversity, ensure an inclusive workplace, create a diverse pipeline and partner with our clients. Learn More
Our commitment to diversity is reflected at every level of the firm. Learn More
Professional Development and Inclusion
We offer a Diversity Speakers series, alumni events, affinity groups, career development opportunities and our Women’s Leadership Initiative. Learn More
WilmerHale’s female lawyers deliver exceptional results as trusted advisors to our clients while providing leadership within the firm and the profession at large. Learn More
Women Trial Lawyers
Many of WilmerHale’s women partners have led high-stakes trials, applying focus, dedication and years of practice to make the difference for our clients. Learn More
WilmerHale Receives Mansfield 2.0 Plus Status for Achieving Key Diversity GoalsNews
- For the second year in a row, WilmerHale is awarded the second-highest spot on The American Lawyer’s A-List in 2019, scoring a mere one point lower than the top-ranked firm. In 2018, the WilmerHale narrowly missed first place and achieved its highest position ever since the list’s inception in 2003. This prestigious list highlights the top 20 law firms in the nation that excel in associate satisfaction, diversity, finances, and pro bono.
- Law360 – Listed as a “Best Firm for Women and Minority Attorneys” for the second year in a row (2018). One of only two large firms to have above average representation at all levels in terms of both race/ethnicity and gender according to Law360’s Glass Ceiling Report and Diversity Snapshot.
- Law360 – Listed as a “ceiling smasher” for the second year in a row based on the percent of women equity partners (2018).
- Working Mother magazine and Flex-Time Lawyers again named WilmerHale as a 2019 Best Law Firm for Women; the firm has received the honor every year since the list came out in 2007.
- WilmerHale is consistently named a Top Workplace in Washington DC by The Washington Post, in Palo Alto by the Bay Area News Group, in Boston by The Boston Globe, and in New York by Crain’s New York Business.
Third Party/Organization Recognition
Third Party/Organization Recognition
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum awarded WilmerHale the Gold Standard Certification Award for the sixth time in 2019 for dedication to women in leadership roles and commitment to equal compensation.
- Wilmerhale was recognized by Get Konnected! in 2019 as a Diversity & Inclusion champion for leading the way in promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the legal community.
- WilmerHale achieved Mansfield Certification Plus status for 2018 and Mansfield 2.0 Certification Plus status for 2019. The Mansfield Rule’s goal is to boost the representation of diverse lawyers in law firm leadership by broadening the pool of candidates considered for such opportunities.
- 2017 recipient of the inaugural Honor Roll Award given by ChIPs at its annual Women in Tech, Law, and Policy Global Summit for making a deliberate effort to increase diversity and inclusion and demonstrated success giving women true leadership positions and visibility.
- Yale Law Women named WilmerHale among the 2018 Top Ten Family Friendly Firms, the ninth time the firm has received this recognition; the organization is affiliated with Yale Law School and aims to help women progress in the legal profession.
- WilmerHale earned a 100 percent rating in the Corporate Equality Index in 2020 for the 12th consecutive year based on the annual Human Rights Campaign Foundation survey to identify the best places to work for LGBT equality.
- The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) awarded WilmerHale the 2017 Law Firm Diversity Award, which recognizes firms that actively, affirmatively, consistently recruit, retain, and promote Asian Pacific American lawyers to equity partnership and firm leadership.
- Dell (2017) – WilmerHale was the recipient of Dell’s Legal Diversity Award, given annually to one of Dell’s partner law firms that excels at embracing and promoting workplace diversity. Selection was based on the overall diversity and inclusion strategy, the critical role of diversity programs and Women's Leadership Initiative, and key metrics related to recruiting, advancement, and leadership.
- TIAA (2017) – Selected WilmerHale as a recipient of its 2017 Diversity & Inclusion Award for the firm’s efforts to recruit, develop and promote diverse lawyers.
- Bank of America (2016) – WilmerHale received the Bank of America Legal Department’s Diversity & Inclusion Business Council award; the firm was selected among a group of more than 200 law firms.