In its first annual Social Impact Leader survey, Law360 ranked WilmerHale #3 among over 100 law firms for its socially responsible business practices.
The Social Impact Leaders ranking is part of a larger undertaking to assess how law firms approach and implement social impact programs. As such, Law360 ranked firms based on four indicators of social responsibility and impact, namely ethnic diversity, gender equality, employee engagement and pro bono service. WilmerHale scored favorably in all categories, earning an overall score of 69.9 out of 100.
In addition to WilmerHale’s commitment to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive law firm, the firm recently launched the Racial Justice Reform Initiative in response to the murder of George Floyd in 2020. The Racial Justice Reform Initiative creates ways for WilmerHale attorneys to build upon the firm’s pro bono efforts seeking to address racial inequities in various contexts. The initiative is part of WilmerHale’s broader commitment to use the firm’s resources and expertise to bring about racial equality and much-needed change.
Being named a Social Impact Leader is one of many recognitions the firm has received for its ongoing commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Over the past year, WilmerHale has been recognized as:
- A top 5 US firm for gender diversity in Law360’s Glass Ceiling Report;
- A recipient of the Diversity Team Award by Diversity Journal;
- A recipient of the Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus Status;
- A top scoring law firm by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) in its inaugural Diversity Scorecard;
- A top 10 large US law firms with the most racial and ethnic diversity among lawyers in Law360’s 2021 Diversity Snapshot;
- A 2021 Top Firm for Gender Equity & Family Friendliness by Yale Law Women (YLW)
- A “Best Law Firm for Women” by Seramount/Working Mother for the 14th consecutive year;
- A recipient of the 2021 Law Firm/Legal Department Inclusiveness Work Award by The Center for Legal Inclusiveness (CLI);