WilmerHale is proud to announce that it has achieved Diversity Lab’s 2023 Mansfield Rule Certification Plus status. This recognition reflects the firm’s unwavering commitment to increasing diversity in the legal profession by providing fair and equal opportunity for a diverse pool of candidates to advance into leadership, and enhancing transparency related to leadership roles, advancement processes and compensation policies.
Originating from the 2016 Women in Law Hackathon, the Mansfield Rule is hosted by Diversity Lab in conjunction with Bloomberg Law and Stanford Law School. The initiative is named after Arabella Mansfield, the first woman admitted to the practice of law in the United States. The firm has received the Mansfield Certification Plus status since its first iteration in 2018 when WilmerHale was one of only 26 law firms in the nation to successfully complete the one-year pilot program.
The Mansfield Rule Certification Plus status joins a growing list of recognitions WilmerHale has received for its commitment to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal profession. In 2023, the firm has been:
- Named a Finalist for MCCA’s 2023 Thomas L. Sager Award;
- Named a Finalist in the Best Diversity Initiative category of 2023 The American Lawyer Industry Awards;
- Named to Bloomberg Law’s 2023 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Framework;
- Honored with The Women in Law Empowerment Forum’s 2023 Gold Standard Certification;
- Shortlisted in three diversity and inclusion categories for the 2023 Chambers USA Awards;
- Honored with the National Legal Aid & Defender Association’s 2023 Beacon of Justice Award;
- Named a 2023 Diversity Leader by Diversity Journal;
- Received the MCCA Approved 2023 GOLD Seal; and
- Named a Best Law Firm for Women & Diversity by Seramount.