The Boston Globe has named WilmerHale a Top Women-Led Business in Massachusetts, making it the ninth consecutive year the firm has been recognized. In this year’s edition, WilmerHale ranked among the top 10 of Massachusetts businesses.
WilmerHale is led by Partner Susan Murley, who has successfully co-managed the firm for the last 10 years. In addition to the rankings, The Boston Globe Magazine featured a profile on Murley, who discussed leading a business in 2021 and some of the challenges and lessons that came from it.
In the past year, WilmerHale has been recognized as:
- A recipient of the Mansfield 4.0 Certification Plus Status;
- A “Best Law Firm for Women” by Seramount/Working Mother for the 14th consecutive year;
- A recipient of the 2021 Law Firm/Legal Department Inclusiveness Work Award by The Center for Legal Inclusiveness (CLI);
- A 2021 Top Firm for Gender Equity & Family Friendliness by Yale Law Women (YLW);
- A recipient of the 2020 PracticePro Diversity Leadership Award
The list, a joint project of The Commonwealth Institute and the Globe Magazine, examines revenue or operating budget as well as other variables, including number of full-time employees in the state, workplace and management diversity and innovative projects. TCI then ranks organizations according to its own formula. This is the 21st year that TCI has created the list and the ninth year that the Globe Magazine has partnered with the group.