Construction and Infrastructure
Construction Litigation and ArbitrationClients turn to us to advise on and litigate complex construction related claims, including defect, breach of contract, and delay claims. We have significant experience in federal court, state court, and arbitration proceedings, both pursuing and defending construction claims.
Regulatory and Criminal InvestigationsWe frequently represent clients in investigations, leveraging the knowledge of our deep bench of former Justice Department and high-level government officials. Clients benefit from our broad experience conducting wide-ranging and complex internal investigations and related government civil and criminal investigations. We regularly appear before the DOJ, the SEC, the Department of Energy, Federal Inspectors General, and various state Attorneys General.
False Claims Act Litigation
We have expert knowledge of the False Claims Act and trends in prosecution, and we are experienced in defending construction companies against False Claims Act litigation brought by relators and the Department of Justice.
Construction Litigation and Arbitration
- Acted as lead counsel for plaintiff in suit by owner against subcontractor due to construction defects in owner’s high-profile corporate headquarters
- Represented large privately held construction company in multi-week arbitration against owner for numerous construction defects
- Represented the owner of a large development project in breach of contract and professional negligence claims arising out of alleged issues with foundation design, geotechnical analysis, and construction means and methods
- Represented developer of high-end condominium project against claims by owners
- Represented owners of multiple office buildings in curtain wall construction defect claims against general contractors and subcontractors
Regulatory and Criminal Investigations
- Represented an American multinational engineering firm with respect to an SEC investigation into alleged Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations in China
- Advised development, construction and engineering firms regarding criminal grand jury subpoenas, as well as inquiries from the Department of Energy, the Department and Labor, and the Government Accountability Office
- Advised client on potential disclosure to the Department of Veterans Affairs regarding misconduct by subcontractors
- Represented a property development company responding to a grand jury subpoena related to Environmental Protection Agency regulations on inspection and renovation of properties containing lead paint
False Claims Act
- Represented large privately held construction companies in False Claims Act litigation
- Represented large multinational construction company in multiple qui tam suits filed under state and federal False Claims Acts
- Provided strategic counseling to a large engineering, construction, and project management company with respect to potential changes to the False Claims Act
- Represented a European construction company in the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) in a dispute with a Middle Eastern state relating to the construction of a power plant
- Represented a Greek construction company in a dispute with the Lebanese state relating to the construction of a power facility. The case is pending at the ICSID pursuant to the Bilateral Investment Treaty between Lebanon and Greece
- Represented a major oil field services company in a multi-billion-euro German Institution of Arbitration dispute relating to alleged defects in subsurface equipment
- Represented a multinational plant and equipment supplier for the energy and construction industry in a construction dispute in Latin America