Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Anti-Corruption
- Represented Analogic in its 2016 settlements with the DOJ and SEC related to conduct in Russia and elsewhere.
- Represented PTC, Inc. in its 2016 settlements with the DOJ and the SEC related to conduct in China.
- Represented an industrial technology leader in its 2016 settlement with the SEC and declination by the DOJ related to conduct in China.
- Represented Key Energy in its 2016 SEC settlement and DOJ declination related to alleged conduct in Mexico.
- Represented Latam Airlines (formerly LAN Chile) in settlements with the DOJ and SEC in July 2016.
- Represented a leading IT company in its 2016 declinations by the DOJ and SEC related to conduct in Russia and elsewhere.
- Represented a global financial services corporation in its 2015 settlement with the SEC, the first-ever FCPA case based on the theory of hiring relatives of government officials, and represented two clients in the SEC's ongoing investigation of hiring practices at financial institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. The cases are part of the industry-wide investigation of the hiring practices of various banks that has been covered in the press.
- Represented a client in an FCPA investigation involving alleged payments to PDVSA officials in Venezuela. We obtained an SEC declination in July 2016.
- Represented a major multinational company in a DOJ/SEC investigation of issues in Brazil and Colombia, which was closed in 2016 when both agencies declined to bring charges.
- Represented a client in an SEC enforcement matter involving alleged bribery and fraud at a financial institution, which originated with the arrest of individuals in Germany.
- Represented a client relating to the ongoing investigation by the Eastern District of New York involving FIFA confederation officials, international sports marketing firms and other unnamed co-conspirators.
- Represented a multinational software company in the Mexico portion of an FCPA case that was settled with the DOJ and SEC in 2014.
- Represented a major multinational company in an SEC investigation of seven different projects in China, which was closed in 2014 when the SEC declined to bring charges.
- Represented several financial institutions in connection with the SEC's “sweep” relating to interactions by financial institutions with sovereign wealth funds, and represented a number of oil companies in connection with the SEC's “sweep” relating to business dealings in Libya.
- Represented a major European industrial company in connection with a DOJ investigation of payments in the Middle East and Africa related to the Unaoil scandal.
- Represented a Germany-based aircraft services company and its US subsidiary in their 2012 settlements with the DOJ of FCPA issues relating to payments to government officials in Mexico and elsewhere.
- Represented oil driller Helmerich & Payne in its July 2009 settlement with the DOJ and SEC of FCPA matters involving payments to customs officials in Argentina and Venezuela.
- Represented Armor Holdings, Inc. in its July 2011 FCPA settlement with the DOJ and SEC relating to the actions of a former company employee who later became the informant in the DOJ's 22-defendant FCPA sting case.
- Represented numerous individuals, including two who settled civil FCPA charges with the SEC, and others who were not charged.