Please join attorneys from WilmerHale’s Consumer Protection Defense and Compliance practice for a review of consumer protection enforcement trends from 2021 and a look ahead at potential areas of regulatory focus and emerging issues in 2022. Panelists will share insights into the Biden Administration’s first year of consumer protection enforcement activity, its regulatory agenda, the increased partnership across federal agencies and between state and federal authorities, and what the past 12 months of enforcement by the FTC, CFPB and state attorneys general tell us about the products, practices and industries that will be a focus for regulators in the coming year.
Panelists will include:
- Frank Gorman, partner and former Acting Deputy Director of the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection;
- John Wells, partner and former Deputy Enforcement Director at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB);
- Brian Mahanna, partner and former chief of staff and deputy attorney general in the Office of the New York State Attorney General,
- Jamie Dycus, partner in WilmerHale’s Commercial Litigation practice who chiefly represents financial intuitions in complex litigation and regulatory matters;
- Franca Harris Gutierrez, partner and Securities and Financial Regulation Practice Co-Chair; and
- Benjamin Chapin, counsel in WilmerHale’s Consumer Protection Defense and Compliance practice.
This CLE-accredited webinar* will be of interest to in-house counsel and compliance professionals at financial institutions and consumer-facing companies across industries. Before and during the webinar, participants will have the opportunity to contribute questions online.
*CLE credit is not available for those who watch a recording of the webinar.