Bill Caporizzo focuses his practice on the taxation of domestic and cross-border corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, as well as international restructurings. His practice also includes the taxation of partnerships and limited liability companies engaged in investment activities and real estate activities. Learn more about Mr. Caporizzo's practice and how he can support your startup on WilmerHaleLaunch.com.
Mr. Caporizzo is a certified public accountant.
Mr. Caporizzo has presented at seminars on taxation for the NASDAQ, National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Program. He is a member of the Tax Sections of the American and Massachusetts Bar Associations and the Boston Bar Association.
WilmerHale Counsels DriveWealth in $21M Series B Funding
On April 3, 2018, DriveWealth Holdings, Inc., a company founded to democratize investing in the US stock market through a technology that modernizes and simplifies financial services, announced the closing of a $21 million Series B investment.April 9, 2018Read More
New Partnership Audit Rules in Effect; Partnerships and LLCs Should Consider Changes
A new “centralized partnership audit regime” is now in effect for partnerships, including limited liability companies (LLCs) that are treated as partnerships for tax purposes (which we refer to collectively as “partnerships”). The new regime, which was enacted by the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, applies to all partnerships (domestic and foreign) for taxable years beginning after December 31, 2017.March 8, 2018Read More
WilmerHale Advises on the Formation of Valence Media, a New Diversified Media Company
WilmerHale served as legal counsel in connection with the creation of Valence Media, a new diversified media company formed through the combination of three successful media companies: Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group, dick clark productions and MRC.February 8, 2018Read More
Leading Tax Lawyer
Best Lawyer in America for Tax Law
Best Lawyers in America®
Recommended for Tax: US Taxes Non-Contentious
The Legal 500 United States
- Recognized as a Massachusetts leader in the practice area of tax in the 2007-2018 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, with sources saying he is "really helpful in guiding the business people to understand the issues and to come up with solutions" and that "his advice is always tailored to the needs of the client"
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2013-2018 editions of Best Lawyers in America for his tax law practice
- Recommended in the 2016 and 2017 editions of the The Legal 500 United States in the area of Tax: US Taxes Non-Contentious
- Recognized for exceptional standing in the legal community in the area of employee benefits in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2006
- Named a "New England Super Lawyer" (formerly "Massachusetts Super Lawyer") in tax law in the 2004-2012 issues of Boston Magazine
Insights & News
JD, Boston University School of Law, 1985magna cum laude
BS, University of Pennsylvania, 1982magna cum laude