Joseph Conahan's practice focuses on the representation of buyers, sellers and boards of directors in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other strategic transactions in the technology, life sciences, FinTech and financial services industries, as well as on counseling public companies on complex governance and disclosure matters.
Mr. Conahan is a member of the Boston Bar Association and serves on the Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, and is co-chair of the Boston Bar Association's 2016 Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory Committee.
Mr. Conahan's pro bono work includes the representation of organizations such as Bridge Boston Charter School, GlobalGiving Foundation and Boston Children's Chorus on a variety of matters.
- MKS Instruments, Inc. in its acquisition of Newport Corporation;
- Cumberland Farms, Inc. in the sale of its Gulf Oil and Assured Deal business to affiliates of ArcLight Capital Partners;
- The Medicines Company in the sale of its hemostasis business to subsidiaries of Mallinckrodt;
- Analog Devices in its acquisition of the assets of Sand9;
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in its acquisition of Advanced Scientifics;
- Durata Therapeutics in its sale to Allergan (formerly Actavis);
- Cynosure in the acquisition of the assets of Ellman International;
- Kolltan Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Xetrios;
- Analog Devices in its acquisition of Hittite Microwave;
- Bottomline Technologies in its acquisition of Andera;
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in the sale of its cell culture, gene modulation and magnetic beads businesses to GE Healthcare;
- Analog Devices in the sale of its MEMS microphone business to InvenSense;
- The Medicines Company in its acquisition of Recothrom from Bristol-Myers Squibb Company;
- Dean Foods Company in the initial public offering and subsequent spin-off of its former subsidiary The WhiteWave Foods Company;
- BAE Systems Safety Products in its sale to Takata Corporation;
- Levitronix in the sale of its medical device business to Thoratec Corporation;
- Constant Contact in its acquisition of the assets of Bantam Networks;
- TARGUSinfo in its sale to Neustar;
- Constant Contact in its acquisition of NutShell Mail;
- Starent Networks in its sale to Cisco Systems; and
- LTX in its business combination with Credence Systems.
- Recipient of M&A Advisor's Sixth Annual 40 Under 40 Emerging Leaders Award
Insights & News
JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2004magna cum laude Order of the Coif, Articles and Notes Editor, American Criminal Law Review
BS, Georgetown University, 2001cum laude
District of Columbia