Law Firm of the Year
The American Lawyer
Ranked Among the Best for Intellectual Property
Patent Firm of the Year
U.S. News – Best Lawyers
- The American Lawyer – Named WilmerHale the Law Firm of the Year (2020), was honored as a finalist in the Litigation Department of the Year contest (2018) and as the IP Litigation Department of the Year (2014, 2008), and named a finalist in the IP category six times since the publication first awarded it in 2004.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Ranked WilmerHale’s national intellectual property practice in band one from 2011–2020.
- The Legal 500 United States – Ranked WilmerHale’s intellectual property practice in the “Top Tier” in the 2011–2020 editions.
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® – Named WilmerHale the Patent Firm of the Year (2021), Biotechnology Law Firm of the Year (2020) and IP Litigation Law Firm of the Year (2018). Honored with first-tier national “Best Law Firm” rankings in Patent Law, Biotechnology Law, IP Litigation and Patent Litigation; and first-tier metropolitan rankings in Washington DC and San Jose for IP Litigation; in Boston for Copyright Law, Patent Law, Patent Litigation, IP Litigation and Trademark Law; in Colorado for Patent Law; and in New York for Biotechnology Law (2013–2021).
- Law360 – Named WilmerHale a Technology Practice Group of the Year for 2016–2019, and included the firm on its list of the top five “go-to” firms for PTAB litigation, which identifies law firms that handled the most cases at the PTAB from 2012–2019.
- BTI Consulting Group – Named WilmerHale an IP Litigation Powerhouse in the 2019 edition of BTI Litigation Outlook and an IP Litigation Standout—among the top 5% of all firms—in the 2018 and 2017 editions.