Lisa Pirozzolo is a partner in the firm's Litigation/Controversy Department, co-chair of the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group, a member of the Appellate and Supreme Court Litigation Practice Group and a former member of the Executive Committee. She is also a co-chair of the firm’s Associates and Work Life Balance Committees. She joined the firm in 1993.
Ms. Pirozzolo has a general commercial litigation practice, with a particular emphasis on intellectual property litigation. She has represented clients in patent infringement, licensing, and contract disputes involving a wide variety of technologies including pharmaceutical products, gene expression and detection technology, medical devices, printing and photocopy equipment, and telephone services. She has experience handling all phases of litigation, in both the trial court and on appeal, as well as arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Ms. Pirozzolo received a JD, cum laude, from Cornell Law School, where she served as editor-in-chief of the Cornell International Law Journal. She received a BA in classics from Yale College. Following law school, she clerked for the Honorable Franklin S. Billings, Jr., district judge of the United States District Court for the District of Vermont.
Ms. Pirozzolo is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Member, Boston Bar Foundation's Society of Fellows
- Co-Chair, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law of the Boston Bar Association
Boston Litigation - Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year
Best Lawyers in America®
Leading Lawyer for Intellectual Property
New England General Patent Litigator of the Year
LMG Life Sciences
- Recommended in the 2017 edition of The Legal 500 United States for intellectual property: patent litigation: full coverage and industry focus: healthcare: life sciences
- Recognized as an leader in intellectual property law in the 2008-2018 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. She is "praised by her clients for her courtroom skills" and is "held in high regard."
- Selected as a 2013 "Top Women of Law" by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- Named a 2013-2017 leading practitioner in patent law by IAM Patent 1000 and listed as a leading patent litigator in the 2011 edition of IAM Patent Litigation 250
- Selected as a 2013-2018 IP Star by Managing IP, a guidebook that identifies leading IP lawyers in the United States, and recognized among the Top 250 Women in IP in 2018
- Recognized as a 2013 "Top 250 Women in IP" by IP Stars, a Managing IP publication that identifies leading female IP attorneys in the US
- Honored as New England General Patent Litigator of the Year in 2017 and named a Life Sciences Star for intellectual property in the 2012-2017 editions of LMG Life Sciences
- Named a "New England Super Lawyer" (formerly Massachusetts Super Lawyer") in intellectual property litigation in the 2008, 2009 and 2017 issues of Boston Magazine
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2012-2018 editions of the Best Lawyers in America in the areas of biotechnology law, commercial litigation, intellectual property litigation and patent litigation. She was also named the Boston Litigation - Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year for 2018 and Boston Litigation - Patent Lawyer of the Year for 2016.
Insights & News
JD, Cornell Law School, 1992cum laude Editor-in-Chief, Cornell International Law Journal
BA, Classics, Yale University, 1986
The Hon. Franklin S. Billings Jr., US District Court for the District of Vermont, 1992 - 1993