Honorees and award-winners celebrated a booming industry at New York City’s Essex House on September 12 at the LMG Life Sciences Awards 2018. Lisa Pirozzolo, co-chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Practice, was named the General Patent Litigator of the Year in the New England region for the second year in a row—a recognition for which Bill Lee was also shortlisted. The firm additionally received the Hatch-Waxman Impact Case of the Year Award for its role in Millennium Pharmaceuticals v. Sandoz, in which Vinita Ferrera, Robert Galvin, Bill Lee, Lisa Pirozzolo, Emily Whelan defended Millennium in responding to patent challenges to its oncology product.
LMG Life Sciences’ annual awards recognize top law firms, lawyers and in-house counsel specializing in the life sciences industry, with winners selected based on case evidence, peer feedback, client feedback and a commanding recognition of the intricacies of the market and industry.
In addition to these winning categories, WilmerHale was shortlisted for the following awards:
- Life Cycle Firm of the Year
- General Patent Litigation Firm of the Year
- Hatch-Waxman Litigation Firm of the Year: Branded
- Intellectual Property Firm of the Year
- Inter Partes Review Firm of the Year
- General Patent Litigator of the Year: District of Columbia
- General Patent Litigator of the Year: New York