Please join us for this workshop in which we will explore various topics relating to the effect of European integration on different areas of intellectual property law and practice in the UK.
- With the UK's relationship in the European Union the subject of the forthcoming referendum, we will discuss:
- what will remain unchanged and what the future holds for various different IP rights, whether or not the UK remains in the EU;
- what would be different in the event of the UK leaving the EU; and
- what practical steps would have to be taken by parties from an IP perspective in the event of Brexit.
- With the UPC estimated to commence in the second quarter of 2017, we will discuss the practical preparations that parties need to make now in readiness, including opting out European patents.
The workshop will be followed by a cocktail reception on the terrace overlooking Hyde Park.