Lloyd Firth focuses his practice on white collar criminal defense work, regulatory and internal investigations and compliance in the corporate sector.
Mr. Firth has defended clients in respect of investigations and enforcement proceedings initiated by authorities including the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Prudential Regulation Authority, the Bank of England and H.M. Revenue & Customs, further to allegations of corruption, money laundering, tax fraud, insider dealing and various regulatory breaches.
- Conducting an anti-corruption and sanctions risk assessment and global compliance review for the largest manufacturer of its kind in the world.
- Acting for a company and its directors in respect of an alleged tax fraud, including preparing for and attending interviews under caution.
- Conducting a complex, multi-jurisdictional internal investigation for a FTSE 100 company further to allegations of fraud, corruption and sanctions busting in overseas subsidiaries in the CIS and Africa.
- Acting for a company and its directors in respect of allegations of insider dealing, including the management of a raid of client premises carried out by the FCA and the Metropolitan Police.
Mr. Firth is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association and the Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association.
- Representing an individual being investigated by the Financial Conduct Authority further to allegations of insider dealing
- Representing, as part of a team, a bank being investigated by the US Securities & Exchange Commission further to alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act 1977
- Representing a board level individual being investigated by the Prudential Regulation Authority further to allegations of regulatory breaches
- Representing a senior individual in relation to a regulatory investigation initiated by the Bank of England
Insights & News
LPC, The College of Law, London Moorgate, 2010
LLB, Durham University, 2008First Class Honors
Solicitor, England and Wales