UK White Collar Defense and Investigations
WilmerHale W. I. R. E. UK Blog
WilmerHale Lawyers and Practices Recognized in Chambers UK 2021News
The team is currently instructed on most of the significant SFO and FCA matters, including the investigations into manipulation of benchmarks (Libor and FX), Barclays (payments to Qatar), Alstom (alleged corruption), Serco (alleged overcharging), ENRC (alleged corruption), Rio Tinto (alleged corruption) and a member of the separate investigations connected to corruption investigation into Unaoil.
Ranked for Outstanding Work and Reputation: Financial Crime
Ranked No. 1 Top Investigations Practice
Global Investigations Review (GIR) 30
Commended in Best Law Firms Guide
- Chambers UK: A Client’s Guide to the UK Legal Profession – WilmerHale is ranked for Financial Crime: Corporates and Financial Crime: Individuals in the 2018–2021 editions of the guide, with clients saying the firm is “renowned” and has “considerable experience [with] white-collar crime matters, including SFO work.” Clients say they are “dedicated, close to the customer and very professional.”
- Chambers UK: A Client’s Guide to the UK Legal Profession – WilmerHale is ranked for Financial Services: Contentious Regulatory in the 2020–2021 editions of the guide.
- Commended in The Times ‘Best Law Firms” guide 2019 and 2020 for financial crime, fraud and regulatory.
- The Legal 500 UK – In the 2018–2020 editions, WilmerHale is ranked for Fraud: White-Collar Crime; Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime; and Financial Services, Contentious.
- Global Investigations Review – For the past six years, has named WilmerHale among the top five firms in its annual list of the world’s 30 leaders for investigations—including a number-one ranking in 2017, second-place honors in 2015, 2016 and 2019, and fourth-place in 2020. Also gave WilmerHale a 2016 nod as “Most Impressive Investigations Practice of the Year” for its cross-border work in both high-profile internal and government-led investigations.
- Chambers Global – WilmerHale is ranked in the 2016 edition for corporate investigations and corporate investigations: anti-corruption.
- Law360 – Ranked WilmerHale number six in its 2015 Securities/White Collar Practice Group Partner rankings, which recognize the 100 largest and most powerful securities and white-collar practices.
- The Lawyer – Ranked WilmerHale among the top 10 litigation practices in the world in the 2013 list of the Global Litigation Top 50.