UK White Collar Defense and Investigations
WilmerHale W. I. R. E. UK Blog
WilmerHale Lawyers, Practices Recognized for Outstanding Work and Reputation by Chambers UK 2018News
The team is currently instructed on most of the significant SFO and FCA matters, including the investigations into manipulation of benchmarks (Libor and FX), Barclays (payments to Qatar), Alstom (alleged corruption), Serco (alleged overcharging), ENRC (alleged corruption), Rio Tinto (alleged corruption) and a member of the separate investigations connected to corruption investigation into Unaoil.
Ranked for Outstanding Work and Reputation: Financial Crime
Ranked No. 1 Top Investigations Practice
Global Investigations Review (GIR) 30
Top-Tier Firm: White-Collar Crime
The Legal 500 UK
- Chambers UK: A Client’s Guide to the UK Legal Profession – WilmerHale is ranked for Financial Crime: Corporates and Financial Crime: Individuals in the 2016-2018 editions of the guide, with clients saying the firm is “renowned” and has “considerable experience [with] white-collar crime matters, including SFO work.” Clients say they are “very pleased with the service and relationship” and that WilmerHale has a “strong global white-collar crime practice recognised for its work representing clients in major SFO investigations [and they] counsel an array of corporates and individuals from various sectors including media, technology and banking."
- Commended in The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2019’ guide for financial crime, fraud and regulatory.
- The Legal 500 UK – In the 2015 edition, WilmerHale is named a top-tier firm for crime, fraud and licensing - fraud: white-collar crime.
- Global Investigations Review – For the past five years, has named WilmerHale among the top three firms in its annual list of the world’s 30 leaders for investigations—including a number-one ranking in 2017 and second-place honors in 2015, 2016 and 2019. Also gave WilmerHale a 2016 nod as “Most Impressive Investigations Practice of the Year” for its cross-border work in both high-profile internal and government-led investigations.
- Chambers Global – WilmerHale is ranked in the 2016 edition for corporate investigations and corporate investigations: anti-corruption.
- Law360 – Ranked WilmerHale number six in its 2015 Securities/White Collar Practice Group Partner rankings, which recognize the 100 largest and most powerful securities and white-collar practices.
- The Lawyer – Ranked WilmerHale among the top 10 litigation practices in the world in the 2013 list of the Global Litigation Top 50.