Brian Johnson is a trusted legal counselor and practical business advisor with extensive experience representing public and private companies and financial institutions in a wide variety of corporate finance and other significant strategic transactions. He regularly acts as general outside corporate counsel for his clients to provide senior management and boards of directors advice on governance, securities law, compliance and other ongoing corporate matters. Mr. Johnson has a particular focus on life sciences and emerging growth companies, while continuing to represent clients in a range of industries.
Learn more about Mr. Johnson's practice and how he can support your startup on WilmerHaleLaunch.com.
Mr. Johnson is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Mr. Johnson's recent corporate finance transactions include the following:
- Initial public offerings representing Nabriva Therapeutics, Summit Therapeutics, Ocular Therapeutix, Eleven Biotherapeutics, Ophthotech, PTC Therapeutics, Durata Therapeutics, Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Verastem and Emergent BioSolutions
- Initial public offerings representing the underwriters for ProQR Therapeutics, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, NuPathe, Visicu and Targacept
- Numerous follow-on offerings of equity and debt securities representing Intercept Pharmaceuticals, PTC Therapeutics, Nabriva Therapeutics, Summit Therapeutics, Ocular Therapeutix, Ophthotech, Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Durata Therapeutics, Savient Pharmaceuticals, Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Aspect Medical Systems, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Thermo Electron and Critical Therapeutics
- Venture capital and private financings representing a large number of companies and venture capital firms as investors
M&AMr. Johnson represents acquirors and targets in the life sciences, technology and information services industries in a variety of acquisition and strategic transactions.
- Recommended in the 2016 and 2017 editions of The Legal 500 United States for finance: capital markets: debt offerings and finance: capital markets: equity offerings: advice to managers
Insights & News
JD, New York University School of Law, 1999magna cum laude Order of the Coif
BA, Economics and Political Science, Tufts University, 1995cum laude