WilmerHale boasts a strong showing in BioPharm Insight’s newly released 2011 year-end league tables—which rank legal counsel activity for licensing agreements and M&A in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sector—as the only firm ranked among the top three firms globally for licensing transactions based on volume and on value, as well as for M&A in North America based on volume. The firm also placed among the top four firms for M&A deals globally based on volume.
BioPharm Insight’s 2011 league tables highlight the firm’s stellar year, during which the firm represented life sciences clients in deals having an aggregate value of more than $18 billion. Over the course of 2011, WilmerHale’s lawyers:
- counselled life sciences clients on licensing deals and strategic alliances having a total value of more than $3.73 billion;
- handled public equity offerings for life sciences clients raising more than $680 million and debt offerings for life sciences clients raising more than $5.03 billion;
- represented various life sciences clients in M&A transactions worth close to $8 billion;
- represented life sciences issuers in private financings raising a total of $409 million, and investors in private financings raising a total of $263 million.
WilmerHale’s Life Sciences Group is off to a strong start in 2012, having represented:
- Verastem in its $62 million initial public offering;
- Alnylam in its $92 million public offering;
- Stromedix in its pending acquisition by Biogen Idec for a price of $75 million plus an additional $487.5 million in contingent payments; and
- Constellation Pharmaceuticals in its strategic collaboration with Genentech, in which Genentech committed funds of $95 million.