This Practising Law Institute panel will cover:
- new developments in confidentiality, the attorney-client privilege, and the attorney work-product doctrine (including disclosure obligations to third parties, the status of government pressure to waive, congressional legislation, selective waiver and inadvertent waiver);
- lawyer’s exposure to civil liability;
- whistle-blower remedies for lawyers;
- recent developments impacting the "no-contact" rules and lawyer "dissemblance";
- recent cases involving conflicts of interest;
- current issues relating to multiple representation;
- dangers to lawyers arising out of parallel investigations;
- dangers to lawyers in the heightened regulatory environment; and
- current issues in electronic discovery.
Partner Charles Platt is a featured speaker at this event.