Government enforcement agencies are investigating corporate conduct with unprecedented vigor and creating a regulatory environment that poses enormous risk to companies and their executives. This Thomson Reuters conference will provide an overview by federal and state enforcement officials of the current regulatory landscape and of their enforcement priorities and the invaluable insight of leading white collar practitioners. WilmerHale Partner Boyd Johnson is a featured speaker at this event and will be participating in a panel titled "Insider Trading and SEC Investigations." The panel will examine:
- background and structure of the securities laws;
- current developments in the field and priorities of the government;
- best practices and tips regarding compliance with the securities laws;
- frequently used strategies/theories and proven defenses; and
- relevant, hypothetical situations relating to insider trading.