Just over a year ago, Switzerland enacted revisions to its international arbitration law and introduced the new Swiss Arbitration Centre along with the updated Swiss Rules. Switzerland has a long history of being a leading choice for international parties looking to resolve disputes of any kind, and these revisions further strengthened Switzerland’s appeal to international parties seeking efficient and effective dispute resolution.
Presented by Lexology, the webinar is intended for in-house counsel, government representatives and lawyers in private practice. During this webinar, seasoned international arbitration lawyers from WilmerHale will guide you through the revisions in the Swiss Rules and the Swiss International Arbitration Law and give you practical insight into what considerations should guide international parties when determining the place and method of dispute resolution, including:
- What should parties consider when choosing an arbitral seat?
- Why is Switzerland such an important arbitral seat, specifically for international parties?
- The new Swiss Rules of International Arbitration
- Revisions to the Swiss International Arbitration Law (PILA)
- Enforcement of International Arbitral Awards in Switzerland
- Noteworthy new features of Swiss International Arbitration
- New Swiss Supreme Court Case Law on International Arbitration