Following the Second Circuit's ground-breaking decision on tippee liability in United States v. Newman, and the Ninth Circuit's seminal decision on the same issue in United States v. Salman, the law's contours are in flux. This program will discuss the state of the law, enforcement priorities in this area, and how clients can avoid the government's crosshairs. The faculty of experienced litigators—including current and former DOJ prosecutors and SEC and CFTC enforcement attorneys—will address the change in law, current and future areas of enforcement, and best compliance practices to prevent insider trading.
During the program, you will learn:
- the law of insider trading;
- implications of Salman, Newman and other recent decisions;
- about investigating insider trading allegations;
- best compliance practices and how to avoid enforcement actions;
- key strategies in defending criminal and civil insider trading actions; and
- current and future criminal and civil enforcement priorities for insider trading cases.
WilmerHale Partner Anjan Sahni will speak on the panel titled "Best Insider Trading Compliance Practices: Avoiding Pitfalls."