Stay up-to-date on the latest disclosure requirement changes and developments affecting annual disclosure documents and annual meeting soliciting materials prepared by SEC reporting companies. Hear from the SEC staff and our faculty, who will focus on current "hot issues," best practices, and practical pointers. In 2015 its expected that further regulatory and practice changes will affect public company disclosures. These include the Dodd-Frank Act mandated rulemaking by the SEC (particularly focused on executive compensation); domestic and international economic, political and regulatory uncertainties and developments; cybersecurity; and data security. Ethics and whistleblower developments impose even further challenges on both in-house and outside counsel. The faculty will discuss key areas of staff comment, staff review priorities and interpretations, disclosure drivers and best practices, and "must know" accounting developments affecting financial disclosures.
WilmerHale Partner Lillian Brown will be speaking on the following three panels:
Considerations for Getting Equity-Related Plans Approved by Shareholders, 11:30 a.m.
- disclosure requirements and best practices
- shareholder engagement
- review of first year of ISS Equity Plan policy implementation
Corporate Governance and Shareholder Proposals, 1:30 p.m.
- overview of the 2015 shareholder proposal season; what is anticipated for 2016
- shareholder proposals: tips on how to handle them; how to be alert to changes in staff positions
- developments in corporate governance practices and disclosures
Solicitation Issues, 2:45 p.m.
- identifying your shareholders
- getting the vote out
- proxy advisory firms
- trends in communications with shareholders
- shareholder activism