Joe Wyatt is a corporate lawyer who represents entrepreneurs and startup companies in complex business transactions throughout their lifecycle. For almost 20 years, he has advised startup and public company clients and investors in Silicon Valley and across the nation in a variety of transactions. His clients span the technology and biotech sectors—including AI, internet, mobile, e-commerce, social, software, consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices.
Mr. Wyatt's practice focuses on startup company and general corporate counseling, and equity and debt financings for startup companies and sell- and buy-side mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Mr. Wyatt helps clients navigate the legal issues and business challenges they may encounter as they grow. Learn more about Mr. Wyatt's practice and how he can support your startup on WilmerHaleLaunch.com.
Prior to joining the firm in 2005, Mr. Wyatt was an associate in the Silicon Valley offices of Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP and Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Mr. Wyatt is a graduate of UC Berkeley, where he works extensively with entrepreneur associations and incubators associated with the university. He regularly serves as a presenter, panelist and judge for organizations such as The Foundry@Citris, Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology, Launch: The UC Berkeley Startup Competition and SkyDeck.
Mr. Wyatt's recent transactions include representing:
- Azuro, Inc. in its sale to Cadence Design Systems, Inc.;
- Blue Apron Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of BN Ranch;
- Metamind, Inc. in its sale to salesforce.com, inc.;
- Red Hat, Inc. in its acquisitions of 3Scale, Inc., Ancible, Inc., Gluster, Inc., Inktank Storage, Inc. and ManageIQ, Inc.;
- Seeo, Inc, in its sale to Bosch LLC;
- SiliconBlue Technologies Ltd. in its sale to Lattice Semiconductor Corporation;
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in its acquisition of the Alfa Aesar business from Johnson Matthey PLC; and
- numerous startup companies in their equity and debt financings.
- Recommended in the 2016 and 2017 editions of The Legal 500 United States for M&A/Corporate and Commercial: M&A: Middle-Market ($500m-999m)
- Recognized in the 2010-2017 editions of Northern California Super Lawyers for his corporate practice
Insights & News
MBA, Santa Clara University, 1998
JD, Santa Clara University School of Law, 1998
BA, History, University of California, Berkeley, 1993