Daniel Zimmermann is an accomplished lawyer with extensive experience in complex corporate transactions and venture technology issues. For nearly 20 years, he has advised emerging companies and technology startups, and draws on his global experiences counseling companies in the United States and Europe.
Mr. Zimmermann provides sophisticated counsel on a variety of corporate governance and finance matters, as well as exit transactions such as public offerings and mergers and acquisitions. He further counsels Silicon Valley-based venture capital firms, as well as global venture and private equity funds in their portfolio investments in the US and abroad. Learn more about his practice and how he can support your startup on WilmerHaleLaunch.com.
International in scope, his practice involves the regular representation of clients in global expansions and off-shore acquisitions by US companies. From 2007 to 2008, he was seconded to a European law firm where he worked on private equity, capital markets, and venture capital transactions in both London and Munich.
Mr. Zimmermann is a co-chair of WilmerHale's Diversity Committee.
He is a member of the California and New York Bar Associations and the International Law Sections of the American, California and New York Bar Associations.
Mr. Zimmermann has served as Chair of the Executive Committee of the International Law Section of the State Bar of California for the 2009-2010 term and as Chairman of the Board of the German American Business Association. Mr. Zimmermann also previously served as president and board member of Alto International School in Menlo Park and serves as primary pro bono counsel to the School.
Recently, Mr. Zimmerman has represented:
- adrise in its Series A, Series B and Bridge financings;
- Adswizz in its Series A and B financings, and in its acquisition by Pandora;
- Avocarrot in its acquisition by Glispa Global Group;
- Fido Labs in its Series Seed financing;
- Dedrone in its Series A financing;
- General Catalyst in its investment into Brainly;
- Linse Capital in its investments in ChargePoint;
- m.dot in financing matters and sale to GoDaddy;
- Utimaco in its acquisition of Micro Focus’ Attala product line;
- UXPin in Series A financing;
- VSS Monitoring in sale to Danaher Group; and
- Zendeals in financing matter and sale to RetailMeNot.
- Recognized as "Up and Coming" in the 2011 and 2012 editions of Chambers USA for his corporate/M&A: venture capital practice
- Named in the 2014-2017 editions of Northern California Super Lawyers for his business/corporate practice
Insights & News
LLM, University of California, Los Angeles, 1996
First State Exam, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität, Freiburg im Breisgau, 1995