The whistleblower rule is a reality, mandated by Congress and implemented by the SEC. Get up to speed on the rule’s provisions and get practical advice about compliance missteps that could drive employees to the SEC’s whistleblower program by purchasing the CD of BD Week’s July 13 webinar, What You Need to do to Prepare Your Firm for the SEC’s New Whistleblower Rule.
This 90-minute webinar will cover:
- Important provisions of the rule, including when compliance staff might qualify as whistleblowers;
- What your system for handling reported complaints needs to keep track of;
- How anonymous tips should be handled differently from other tips;
- Strategies to encourage employees to report internally; and
- How to protect your firm from employees who try to abuse the rule’s anti-retaliation provisions.
WilmerHale Partner Mary Jo Johnson is a featured speaker at this event.