Please join us on Tuesday, June 29 for a webinar discussing the European Commission’s new Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) for international transfers of personal data and the European Data Protection Board’s (EDPB) recently updated recommendations on measures that supplement transfer tools to ensure compliance with the EU level of protection of personal data, as well as other recent regulatory developments in this area.
Almost one year after the Schrems II judgment, the contours of the obligations associated with international transfers of personal data have now become clearer, and companies will have to update their processes and documentation in order to be able to continue transferring personal data internationally.
The program will feature WilmerHale lawyers Dr. Martin Braun, Kirk J. Nahra, Fred Louis and Shannon Togawa Mercer for a discussion surrounding the practical steps and broader implications for companies to consider.
Topics will include:
- structure and new elements of the SCCs;
- implementation: timelines and practical steps for companies;
- the EDPB’s updated recommendations and their impact on businesses;
- status of enforcement in Europe; and
- status of the negotiations regarding a successor to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
CLE credit will be offered for this webinar. Participants will have the opportunity to contribute questions online.