In its second edition, the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) Academy will provide practical, hands-on training on advocacy and arbitrator training for the budding arbitration counsel and the aspiring arbitrator. Partner Gary Born, president of the SIAC Court of Arbitration, will chair the teaching faculty and Senior Associate Jonathan Lim will also participate at this event.
Mr. Born will participate in the following sessions:
- Opening remarks, "The Art of Advocacy in International Arbitration"
- Panelist, "Elements of Persuasive Advocacy and Effective Cross-Examination for International Arbitration"
- Mock tribunal, "Mock Hearing Demonstration by Teaching Faculty and Q&A"
- Panelist, "Tribunal Deliberations and Drafting an Enforceable Award"
- Group 4, "Reviewing a Draft Award" Workshop
- Panelist, "Effectively Handling Arbitrator Challenges"
- Group 3, "Arbitrator Challenges" Workshop
Senior Associate Jonathan Lim will participate in the following sessions:
- Group 2, "How to Handle Potentially Tricky Scenarios as an Arbitrator" Workshop
- Moderator, "Building Your Career as an Arbitrator"
- Group 2, "Reviewing the Draft Award" Workshop
- Group 2, "Arbitrator Challenges" Workshop