Global Investigations Review is pleased to announce that its 2019 GIR Live Conference will be held in Washington DC.
WilmerHale Partner Kimberly Parker will speak on the panel “The evolving role of the corporate compliance officer: New challenges and creative solutions.” Gone are the days when compliance counsel could rely solely on outside law firms to deal with law enforcement investigations. From managing whistleblowers to designing compliance programs to take advantage of new DOJ leniency policies, the changing enforcement landscape has thrust compliance officers into starring roles. The panel will discuss strategies to help compliance officers stay ahead in the new environment, including:
- How do you manage whistleblower tips and voluntary disclosures while complying with data-privacy obligations under the EU’s GDPR?
- How can you take defensive action against an expected new wave of investigations stemming from changes to the SEC’s whistleblower program allowing tipsters to share in the proceeds from US criminal resolutions?
- What steps can you take pursuant to new DOJ policies to avoid the imposition of a corporate monitor?
- How can you manage voluntary disclosures in the US and UK to mitigate the risk of follow-on investigations in other jurisdictions?
- How do you take advantage of certification programs in many countries that have become an effective compliance defense?
- How do you balance all of the above within internal budgeting constraints?