Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, in conjunction with Awale & Shoké Advisory, is delighted to invite you to a panel discussion on "The Global South in an Era of Shifting Geopolitics."
Contemporary trends in geopolitics are challenging traditional economic, political and legal structures. These changes require a paradigm shift that could offer new opportunities in trade and investment for different actors, in particular, the emerging economies of the Global South. The panel discussion will explore the potential challenges and opportunities for South-South cooperation with a focus on the following topics:
- The Evolving Global Trade Landscape and Implications for the Global South
Anabel González—Global Expert on Trade and Investment (former Minister of Trade, Costa Rica and former Senior Director of Trade, World Bank)
- The Role of Regional Communities and Government in Enhancing Trade and Investment: A Post-Conflict Perspective
Maryan Hassan—Special Advisor, Federal Government of Somalia/Co-Founder and Senior Partner, Awale & Shoké Advisory
- The Influence of the Global South on Investment Law
Dharshini Prasad—Senior Associate, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr LLP
- International Organizations as a Platform for South-South Cooperation
Alice Lacourt—Legal Counsel, Commonwealth Secretariat
- Norm Creation by the Global South through International Dispute Resolution
Guled Yusuf—Senior Associate, Allen & Overy LLP
The panel discussion will be moderated by Dr Emilia Onyema, Reader in International Commercial Law, SOAS University of London.
The panel will be followed by a networking reception.