Join WilmerHale Partner Jonathan Cedarbaum and Special Counsel Jason Chipman from our Cybersecurity, Privacy and Communications Practice and Counsel Raya Treiser from our Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Practice for a webinar covering recent legal, regulatory, policy and threat developments concerning cybersecurity in the energy sector.
Topics of discussion will include:
- President Trump's May 11, 2017, Executive Order on “Strengthening the Cybersecurity of Federal Networks and Critical Infrastructure;”
- recent FERC and NERC actions involving the electricity sector, including new reliability standards;
- cybersecurity developments in the oil and gas sector, including increased information sharing between industry and regulators;
- NIST's February 17, 2017 Cybersecurity Practice Guide; and
- recent legal developments under the FAST Act, including DOE's new role in grid security emergencies and new FOIA exemptions for Critical Electric Infrastructure Information.
Participants will have the opportunity to contribute questions online and interact with panelists throughout the webinar.