WilmerHale Partner Gary Born is featured as keynote speaker at this year’s Vilnius Arbitration Day in Lithuania.
The program will focus on Sanctions and Other Contemporary Challenges in International Arbitration and will cover discussions on various unilateral restrictions (sanctions) and issues of national security, such as:
- What international public law issues should be taken into account resolving state-investor disputes involving sanctions or other state intervention measures?
- What important practical implications on costs, length and other procedural issues should be considered in sanctions related investment and commercial arbitration cases administered by arbitration institution?
- How to address national security issues in international arbitration
- What are procedural implications of sanction’s framework at various arbitral seats?
- What are the effect of sanctions on arbitrability of disputes and enforcement of arbitral awards?
- If previous and current blocking statutes (counter sanction laws) serve their purpose?