Join WilmerHale for the next session of the 2017 Cybersecurity, Privacy and Communications Webinar Series, during which WilmerHale Partner Heather Zachary and Senior Associate Nicole Ewart will explore the current financial privacy landscape.
This presentation will offer practical guidance not only for financial institutions, but also for service providers, FinTech companies, and other entities that process or store consumer financial information. The webinar also will provide guidance to companies outside the financial sector that use credit reports or other consumer reports, or that provide analyses to third parties on consumers, employees or applicants for employment.
Topics of discussion include:
- complying with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Right to Financial Privacy Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and state financial privacy laws;
- navigating restrictions on the use, sharing and monetization of “nonpublic personal information” and other financial data;
- responding to government requests for customer financial information;
- identifying activities that can convert a business into a “consumer reporting agency,” and the consequences of that designation;
- obtaining and using consumer reports in various contexts, including employment; and
- enforcement and litigation trends.
Participants will have the opportunity to contribute questions online and interact with panelists throughout the webinar.
View the Webinar Recording
View the Presentation Materials