Tom Ward is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group and serves as chair of WilmerHale's International Corporate Transactions Group. His practice focuses on corporate and securities matters, with an emphasis on public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital work and international transactions.
Mr. Ward has extensive experience as both purchaser's and seller's counsel in mergers and acquisitions transactions. His mergers and acquisitions representations include:
- Alantos Pharmaceuticals Holding in its acquisition by Amgen
- Bacardi Limited in its acquisition of Angel's Share Brands and its Angel's Envy bourbon brand
- Danaher Corporation in its tender offer and acquisition of Trojan Technologies
- Empirix Inc. in its acquisition by Thoma Bravo
- MicroStrategy Incorporated in the sale of its Angel.com subsidiary to Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories
- Newforma Inc. in its acquisition by Battery Ventures
- Valance Media in its formation through the combination of House of Cards producer Media Rights Capital, dick clark productions and Billboard Hollywood Reporter Media Group
Mr. Ward has represented both issuers and underwriters in numerous public and private offerings, and has participated in offerings by both domestic and foreign issuers. His capital markets representations have included:
- Akamai Technologies in issuances of an aggregate of $400 million of convertible senior notes and common stock
- Bacardi Limited in its equity investment in Leblon Holdings
- Franklin Street Properties in issuances of an aggregate of more than $325 million of common stock
- LIN TV Corp. in issuances of an aggregate of $690 million of high yield debt and convertible debentures
- VistaPrint in its $138 million initial public offering
Mr. Ward serves as outside counsel for a number of companies in the software, information technology, e-commerce, semiconductor, robotics and media sectors, including:
- BE Semiconductor Industries N.V.
- Cimpress N.V.
- MicroStrategy Incorporated
- RightHand Robotics, Inc.
Mr. Ward also has represented the National Football League and the National Hockey League in a variety of matters, including the NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice broadcasting packages.
Learn more about Mr. Ward's practice and how he can support your startup on WilmerHaleLaunch.com.
Mr. Ward serves as clerk (secretary) of City Year, Inc.
In U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” rankings, clients said Mr. Ward "did extraordinary work representing us when our company was being acquired" and that he was "very smart" and "very well prepared."
Insights & News
JD, Harvard Law School, 1988cum laude
AB, Princeton University, 1985cum laude
District of Columbia