The focus of this seminar is on the future market for third-party litigation funding in England and Wales, at a time of significant civil justice reform, and the best practice for legal practitioners and in-house counsel working across an evolving litigation funding sector. Senior officials from the Ministry of Justice, as well as prominent funders, law firms and in-house counsel will be in attendance to discuss key points, such as:
- latest market trends and expectations - looking at investor appetite and emerging business models for funders;
- how law firms and in-house practitioners are utilising third-party financing, particularly to mitigate risk;
- assessments of the impact of the Jackson reforms - with reference to the future of the Damages-Based Agreements Regulations 2013;
- regulatory challenges ahead, two years on from the Civil Justice Council’s Code of Conduct for Litigation Funders; and
- TPF in low value and consumer claims - particularly amidst Government’s reforms to legal aid and opt-in collective actions.
WilmerHale Special Counsel Dr. Maxi Scherer and Senior Associate Charlie Caher will be a featured speakers at this event. They will be speaking on "Funding Options and New Business Models - DBAs, ATE Insurance and Third-Party Funding" and ""Third Party Funding Issues in International Arbitration," respectively.