This event, presented by thePractising Law Institute, willoffer afaculty composed of law firm leaders, general counsel, consultants and academicswho willprovide attendees with a framework for developing an understanding of the elements of law firm leadership; how to evaluate and overcome challenges, both internal and external, and benefit from new opportunities.Topics to be discussed include:
- The status of the law firm industry today - What does the future hold?
- Must there be winners and losers? How to recognize success and what is failure?
- A range of responses to the current economic environment and other challenges facing law firms today
- What do clients really want and are law firms providing it?
- Should you manage your firm by the numbers, and if so which numbers or not?
- How law firms strategize - should they be driven by profits, clients, importance of engagements, values, or something else?
- The constraints placed on the freedom of action by ethical rules that define the profession
- What your associates and other professionals want from the firm
- How to plan for leadership succession