Starting a new company is hard, but putting in place the right legal framework for your business doesn’t have to be. Learn how to avoid the most common costly mistakes when starting your company from Jason Kropp and Janene Ásgeirsson, start-up lawyers from WilmerHale. If you misstep early, it could cost you big later, making it more challenging or even impossible to build a successful business.
Did you know you can be liable for three-times a person’s wages for failure to pay? This class will give you knowledge to save you from so many lethal mistakes. Discussion topics will include:
- founders' equity overview;
- employee compensation and options;
- raising capital: do’s and don’ts;
- independent contractors and interns;
- avoiding personal liability; and
- legal entity: choosing the best type for your business.
The class will end with an open Q&A session where you can get the answers to your burning start-up legal questions.