This Practising Law Institute panel will cover:
- new developments in multijurisdictional practice issues (including the interplay and disparity of various state ethics rules, different enforcement regimes, and US rules vs. international rules);
- current issues relating to multiple representation;
- recent developments involving conflicts of interest;
- whistleblower remedies for corporate counsel;
- dangers to corporate counsel in civil discovery;
- new developments in confidentiality, the attorney-client privilege, and the attorney work-product doctrine (including disclosure obligations to third parties, the status of government pressure to waive, selective waiver and inadvertent waiver); and
- lawyers’ exposure to civil liability.
WilmerHale Partner Charlie Platt will be a featured speaker at this event.