Law firm associates have an unprecedented number of opportunities in today’s job market. Now more than ever, it is essential to develop clear goals and strategically pursue opportunities that will advance your career. Attend the Corporate Counsel Women of Color Law Firm Associates Virtual Career Strategies Conference for access to career insights from top attorneys in a variety of roles. From law firm partners to executives, the featured speakers will share strategies they implement to move forward in their careers.
WilmerHale Partners Erik Swabb and Fred Adam will be featured speakers at this virtual conference.
Mr. Swabb will speak during the panel "You are Unique and Powerful: 5 Steps to Maximize Your Professional Brand Inside and Outside the Workplace." You’ve worked diligently to develop a solid professional brand at work. Are you leveraging your brand and reputation to boost your influence and authority in your industry and community? In this 45-minute digital session, the panelists will share strategies on how to:
- Build a professional brand that aligns with your vision for your career.
- Define your unique value proposition and clarify what you bring to the table.
- Market your successes and tell your story.
- Invest in yourself through training, professional development, and industry certifications.
Mr. Adam will speak during the panel "It Is Never Too Early to Start: 5 Steps to Building a Client Base and Sustainable Book of Business." A strong book of business can add value to your career by making you more attractive to clients and law firms. Business development and sustainability require a long-term strategy that involves networking and building relationships. Now is the time to start building your client base. In this 45-minute digital session, the panelists will share strategies on how to:
- Leverage existing networks to find potential clients.
- Tap into the power of social media channels to share your expertise and expand your reach.
- Sharpen your communication skills and secure speaking engagements that can lead to the acquisition of new clients.
- Hone your skills and provide excellent service to retain existing clients.