The National Conference on Lawyer Well-Being will focus on individual and institutional approaches to well-being, including personal experiences from speakers and examples of existing programs implemented in different law firms to promote well-being. Content will be appropriate for lawyers, judges, leaders in legal and academic institutions, service providers, and learning and development professionals.
Partner Jeannette Boot will speak during a panel titled, "The Time Is Now: Leading the Charge for Lawyer Well-Being" from 3:15–3:45 p.m. ET.
Additional themes to be covered throughout the conference will include:
- The what and why of well-being for lawyers, and why mental health matters for lawyers
- The impact of COVID-19 on well-being and mental health care
- Profitability, productivity and performance: proving the business case for well-being
- Removing the stigma from mental health
- Case studies into well-being in practice
- Finding and maintaining emotional well-being for busy, high-achievers
- Understanding mindfulness and meditation
- The cause and effects of lawyer burnout and the consequences of leaving chronic levels of negative stress unchecked