This national conference will bring together in-house counsel, government lawyers and private practitioners to explore developments in natural resource damages (NRD) policy and enforcement. The event will feature presentations from federal and state policymakers, including a keynote presentation from Jeffrey B. Clark, assistant attorney general for the US Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD), on federal policy priorities, and a second from Representative Garret Graves (R-Louisiana) on restoration planning. Two panels will explore federal and state priorities related to NRD claims and will feature senior government officials from the US Department of the Interior (DOI), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and multiple states.
Rachel Jacobson will speak on Ecosystem Restoration—New Legal and Scientific Approaches for the Next Decade.
Additional topics will include:
- Policy Priorities at the ENRD
- NOAA and DOI trustees on current NRD challenges
- New state-level environmental enforcement developments
- Deepwater Horizon lessons for restoration planning
- Third-party restoration banking mechanisms
- In-house counsel tips for NRD case management
- Climate change and NRD
- Trial strategies