Join WilmerHale and Berkeley Research Group for an afternoon of panel discussions on current issues facing college and university attorneys as this academic year closes.
Panel 1: Crisis Response in the Wake of #MeToo and Time's Up
In the wake of the #MeToo and Time's Up movements, panelists will offer guidance on measures that college and university attorneys should take to anticipate and respond to crises, including engaging with the board on sexual misconduct, gender discrimination and pay equity issues. Panelists include:
- Danielle Conley, Partner in WilmerHale's Strategic Response Group and co-chair of the firm's Anti-Discrimination Practice;
- Elizabeth Arnold, a Director in Berkeley Research Group's Labor and Employment Practice;
- Audrey Anderson, Vice Chancellor, General Counsel and University Secretary, Vanderbilt University;
- Jose Padilla, Vice President and General Counsel of DePaul University, and former chair, NACUA Board of Directors; and
- Mike Heimowitz, Managing Director, Public Affairs & Crisis Practice, Burson-Marsteller.
Panel 2: Regulatory, Enforcement and Litigation Issues on the Horizon
Panelists will discuss the shifting regulatory, enforcement, and litigation landscape, covering recent developments and trends affecting both nonprofit and for-profit institutions of higher education. Panelists include:
- Blake Roberts, Partner in WilmerHale's Government and Regulatory Litigation, and Strategic Response Groups;
- Peggy Daley, Managing Director, Berkeley Research Group;
- Daniel Zibel, Vice President and Chief Counsel for the National Student Legal Defense Network and former Deputy Assistant General Counsel for Postsecondary Education at the U.S. Department of Education; and
- Greg Wallis, former CFO of Harrison College and former Vice President of Finance at ITT Educational Services.
CLE credit will be provided. A cocktail reception will follow the program.