This roundtable breakfast program, hosted by CamberView Partners, Computershare | Georgeson and WilmerHale, provided an in-depth analysis of the 2017 proxy season, and included a practical discussion on key governance and disclosure trends and considerations as companies head into the 2018 proxy season. Topics included:
- how to establish effective shareholder engagement and communication;
- the increased focus by investors on environmental and social issues, as well as board refreshment;
- the pros and cons of holding virtual shareholder meetings;
- the new pay ratio disclosure requirements; and
- recent regulatory changes and SEC developments.
Panelists included WilmerHale Partner Meredith Cross, former director of the Division of Corporation Finance at the SEC; Partners Lillian Brown, Rebecca Chang, Knute Salhus, Jonathan Wolfman and Jennifer Zepralka; and speakers from CamberView Partners and Georgeson.