Jonathan Wolfman co-chairs the Corporate Governance and Disclosure Group. Over the last 20 years, Mr. Wolfman has established an exceptional practice advising public companies on a wide range of disclosure, corporate governance and compensation issues. He regularly advises public companies on understanding and addressing new SEC rules and other emerging issues. He has represented a variety of clients in M&A and capital markets transactions.
Mr. Wolfman concentrates his practice in corporate and securities law. He advises public companies on a wide range of disclosure, corporate governance and compensation issues, including compliance with SEC and stock exchange rules responding to shareholder proposals, formal and informal communications with investors and others, and understanding and addressing the impact of new and emerging disclosure and governance practices.
Mr. Wolfman also advises purchasers and sellers in various corporate transactions including tender offers, mergers and asset transactions. Additionally, he represents issuers and underwriters in initial and follow-on offerings of equity and debt securities.
His clients come from a broad range of industries, including computers, consumer products, telecommunications, biotechnology and retail.
Mr. Wolfman is a member of the ABA's Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities and is a former co-chair of the Subcommittee on Disclosure and Continuous Reporting.
Mr. Wolfman is a member of the Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals and serves on the advisory committee of the Eastern New England Chapter.
Mr. Wolfman is the author of the corporate governance chapter in PLI’s Initial Public Offerings: A Practical Guide to Going Public and was a co-editor of The Practitioner’s Guide to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act published by the American Bar Association.
Named Boston Corporate Governance Law Lawyer of the Year
Best Lawyers in America
Recognized as a Leading Lawyer in Massachusetts for Corporate/M&A
- Recognized in the 2013-2017 Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in the field of corporate/M&A for Massachusetts. Clients state that he provides "excellent client service and knowledge" and "is always clear, helpful, incredibly knowledgeable on all applicable regulations. Everything is efficient and at his fingertips."
- Recommended in the 2016 and 2017 editions of The Legal 500 United States for his work in the M&A/Corporate and Commercial: Corporate Governance field.
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2006-2018 editions of the Best Lawyers in America for his corporate governance practice, and was named Boston Corporate Governance Law Lawyer of the Year for 2016 and 2018.
- Included in the 2014 and 2016 editions of BTI Client Service All-Stars for combining "exceptional legal expertise with practical advice, business savvy and innovative, effective solutions—all of which help make your clients' lives easier."
- Named a "New England Super Lawyer" (formerly "Massachusetts Super Lawyer") in the 2007-2013 issues of Boston Magazine.
Insights & News
JD, Harvard Law School, 1989magna cum laude
BS, State University of New York at Binghamton, 1986
District of Columbia