Chambers UK:A Client's Guide to the UK Legal Profession 2006 ranked 11 WilmerHale lawyers for outstanding work in their respective practice areas. On a departmental level, Chambers ranked the firm's London-based international arbitration, aviation and competition groups among the top in the city. Also recognized was the firm's corporate finance team in Thames Valley.
Since the first edition was published in 1990, the Chambers UK guide has staked its claim among the most respected referral guides of leading law firms and individuals in the United Kingdom. Chambers and Partners employs extensive research methods, including numerous in-depth client and lawyer interviews, to determine its rankings, and offers third party editorial commentary. The guide ranks practices, solicitors and barristers in over 60 practice areas.
The following is a list of firm lawyers who were found to possess the utmost talent and knowledge in their respective areas of law, listed by the practice area(s) and the region in which he/she was recommended:
- Arbitration (International) –London:Gary B. Born, Steven P. Finizio
- Aviation: Regulatory –London: Michael Holter
- Competition/European Law –London:Suyong Kim
- Corporate Finance –Thames Valley:Kate N. Eavis; Jonathan D. Loake
- Employee Share Schemes –Nationwide:Christopher A. Prout
- Employment: Mainly Defendant –London: Henry Clinton-Davis
- Information Technology –London:Mark R. Haftke
- Telecommunications –Nationwide:Stephanie Way Liston