Andy Spielman, co-partner-in-charge of WilmerHale's Denver office and the chair of the firm's Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Practice, was featured in the November 21 edition of the Leftfoot podcast, a series focusing on business development, client retention and innovation issues in the legal industry. The popular podcast has more than 40,000 listeners, most of whom are in the legal industry.
In the podcast, Spielman discusses his approach to providing a high-quality client experience, including:
- how to adopt a client-service approach;
- the importance of regularly evaluating and adjusting your business development priorities;
- developing a client service plan and executing the plan—in a deliberate manner;
- showing value before the client is a client through knowledge sharing; and
- the importance of learning your client's business and getting to know them.