This event is for banking and legal professionals impacted by the international issues and developments in trade finance compliance, whether in trade operations, relationship management, bank audit compliance and risk. Topics will include:
- Global news stories and trends in trade finance compliance over the past 12 months (trade-based money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions, commercial fraud)
- Key concerns facing banks and their customers (KYC, KYCC, the cost of doing business)
- Guidelines and best practices, Financial Action Task Force, Wolfsberg update (Correspondent Banking/Due Diligence Questionnaire)
- Governmental/regulatory focus and collaboration on trade finance compliance
- The evolving role and importance of technology and automation, e.g., screening
- KYC: Is the lack of consistency between regulators and practitioners a concern? Are banks doing too little or too much?
- US, UK and EU sanctions and Iran. Is this a case in point of issues caused by divergence?