German Antitrust and Competition Merger Control
German Antitrust and Competition Merger ControlOur German and international clients turn to us for complex, high-profile regulatory matters that involve both antitrust rules and sector-specific regulation, as well as additional legislative and policy issues. We have represented Germany’s leading players in the air transport, railway, telecommunications and energy industries in major transactions and investigations. In addition, we regularly advise and represent major domestic and multinational companies in, among others, the waste treatment, logistics, finance, travel, media, shipbuilding, engineering, chemicals, and wholesale and retail sectors.Learn More
Bank and Capital Market Law in Germany
Bank and Capital Market Law in GermanyWilmerHale has extensive experience in the field of banking and capital market law. Our German bank and capital markets team works closely together with our colleagues in the United States and London.Learn More
German Compliance and Corporate Governance
German Compliance and Corporate GovernanceThe demands on companies to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and rules of conduct are constantly increasing. This holds true for almost all legal areas, e.g. employment law, data protection law, securities law, criminal law (particularly fraud and corruption offences) as well as environmental law.Learn More
German Corporate Law
German Corporate LawOur corporate lawyers are experienced in representing domestic and foreign companies in complex and often transnational transactions, and in their financing.Learn More
German Data Protection and Privacy
German Data Protection and PrivacyWilmerHale’s German data protection and privacy practice is characterized by comprehensive experience and in-depth understanding of the new technical developments in the field of information technology (cloud computing, social media, Internet in general) and full integration in the international practice group.Learn More
German Financial Services
German Financial ServicesFinancial services companies operate in a constantly changing environment. In order to have permanent success, they must be in a position to react flexibly to the opportunities presented while facing the challenges they encounter on the markets and those which are posed by other market participants.Learn More
German International Trade, Investment and Market Access
German International Trade, Investment and Market AccessWe have a fully integrated team of lawyers and trade specialists in the United States, Europe and China, with years of experience representing US and foreign clients across the full range of international trade and investment issues.Learn More
German Labor and Employment
German Labor and Employment
Our German labor and employment lawyers advise and represent companies and public employers in all areas of individual and collective labor law, including aspects of social welfare law and tax law.
Public PolicyWe help clients manage and navigate the full range of political and other aspects of public life and perception enabling them to optimally realize their objectives to the largest possible extend.Learn More
Intellectual Property Law in Germany
Intellectual Property Law in GermanyAs assets held by a company, industrial property rights continue to gain significance. It is accordingly important to protect innovations as best as possible, to develop strategies for their use and to successfully prevent violations of the law.Learn More
International ArbitrationWilmerHale offers one of the world’s premier international arbitration and dispute resolution practices.Learn More
Litigation and Dispute Resolution in Germany
Litigation and Dispute Resolution in GermanyOur German litigation and dispute settlement practice represents clients in all areas of national and international commercial law.Learn More
German Public Commercial Law
German Public Commercial LawIn Germany, WilmerHale is among the leading firms providing public commercial law counsel to companies in strongly regulated industries such as energy, aviation and telecommunications.Learn More
- Chambers & Partners – The firm is consistently and prominently ranked in the Chambers Europe guidebook to the legal profession in the areas Arbitration, Compliance, Competition/EU Law, Life Sciences and TMT: Data Protection.
- GCR 100 and GCR Global Elite – The firm is consistently ranked in the "Top 20 GCR Global Elite," and has maintained a "highly recommended" ranking in GCR 100's Germany category. In 2015, the firm ranked in the "Top 10 GCR Global Elite" and in 2014, the Antitrust and Competition Practice received the "Litigation of the Year” award for its German Rail Cartel follow-on litigation. In 2017, the practice won another award, “Litigation of the Year – Cartel Prosecution 2017,” for its work in connection with the so-called sugar cartel.
- Handelsblatt Best Lawyers – WilmerHale attorneys are consistently recognized as "Best Lawyers" for their leading business and financial practices in Germany.
- JUVE Handbook – WilmerHale is consistently ranked among the top law firms in Germany and recommended for several of its practices. In 2009, WilmerHale was the recipient of the 2009 JUVE Award for Energy Law in Germany.
- Kanzleimonitor.de – WilmerHale has been named among the top most recommended law firms in the all editions of this survey from the German Federal Association of In-house Counsels.
- The Legal 500 Germany – The firm and several of its attorneys are frequently ranked for their work in their respective practice areas.