Katie Moran represents companies in a wide range of industries—including telecommunications, entertainment, technology, healthcare, pharmaceutical and financial services—in civil litigation and investigations led by the US Department of Justice and the US Securities and Exchange Commission. She has experience in matters related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, compliance and risk management, internal controls, fraud, anti-money laundering, and commercial disputes.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Moran participated in Teach for America. She taught middle school English in a public school in South Los Angeles.
- Representing consumer healthcare technology company in various regulatory matters and class action litigation
- Representing a major media and communications company in connection with the successful resolution of the US Attorney for the Eastern District of New York's investigation into its Argentine joint venture's role in the FIFA corruption scandal
- Representing large technology company in FCPA investigation by the DOJ and SEC involving bribery allegations in its subsidiaries in Russia, Azerbaijan, Hungary, Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia
- Representing film production company and its domestic distribution agent in a contract dispute with foreign distributors in an Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA) arbitration
- Pro Bono: Represented Pelican Bay inmate in a civil rights trial against the California Attorney General's office
Insights & News
JD, Loyola Marymount Law School, 2010Member, Loyola Law Review
MA, Education, Loyola Marymount University, 2006
BA, History, Columbia University, 2004