Mr. Gosma's practice focuses on high-stakes intellectual property litigation, primarily in the fields of telecommunications and computer engineering. Mr. Gosma has represented a range of clients in cases involving telecommunication standards and microprocessor design. Mr. Gosma has substantial experience litigating in both California state court and federal courts across the country.
Mr. Gosma is also a member of the firm's copyright and trademark and Eastern District of Texas litigation working groups.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Gosma served as a pro se judicial extern for the Honorable Claudia Wilken and the Honorable Saundra B. Armstrong of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. While there, he conducted independent legal research on constitutional issues raised in pro se prisoner habeas corpus and civil rights matters and reviewed state court decisions to ensure adherence to the US Constitution and federal law.
While in law school, Mr. Gosma worked as a client advocate at the California Asylum Representation Clinic where he provided representation to a Nepali asylum-seeker through a student-run clinic based at the East Bay Sanctuary Covenant. He was also a teaching assistant for the Written and Oral Advocacy Program at UC Berkeley School of Law.
- Attained a verdict of no-infringement of five patents for a major mobile phone manufacturer in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Achieved a favorable settlement for a major clothing apparel manufacturer in the Central District of California.
- Achieved a favorable settlement for a major call-center provider in the District of Nevada.
- Successfully represented a major mobile phone manufacturer against a competitor in an investigation before the United States International Trade Commission and in two suits in the Northern District of California.
- Represented four Holocaust survivors in connection with their claims for a ghetto work pension before the Deutsche Rentenversicherung.
Insights & News
JD, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2010Supervising Editor, California Law Review; Executive Articles Editor, Berkeley Journal of Criminal Law
BS, Political Science, The University of Tennessee, 2007magna cum laude