In-house attorneys routinely receive, review and compare alternative fee arrangement proposals and nearly all law firms regularly submit them, but parties often do not follow a disciplined approach to developing a realistic budget. Partners Gregory Lantier, Natalie Hanlon Leh and Mindy Sooter have published a six-part series aimed at providing guidance to ensure that AFA proposals are meaningful and realistic to both clients and outside counsel. In part four of the series, the authors discuss five questions that firm management should ask internally before approving a litigation AFA proposal. Read the full article.
Read the previous articles in the series:
- 5 Questions to Ask Client Before Proposing a Litigation AFA (part one)
- 5 Questions to Ask Firm Before Accepting a Litigation AFA (part two)
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Submitting a Litigation AFA (part three)
- 5 Questions All AFAs Should Answer Clearly (part five)
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Entering Joint-Representation AFA (part six)